By Fargo Public Schools Assistant Superintendent Dr. Rachael Agre
Fargo Public Schools is excited to welcome students to the kindergarten class of 2018-19 school year on August 23, 2018!
Going to kindergarten is an important step for a child. It helps them learn skills that they will build on throughout life. At kindergarten a child will grow both socially and emotionally. Their ability to think, use and recognize language and their fine motor skills will be developed through play, art, music, movement and interacting with others. Most importantly, a child will be learning to become an effective learner as they develop and extend their communication skills, build self-confidence, learn to be creative, and develop skills that assist them with reading, writing and mathematics.
Online registration for kindergarten for next school year is now open online at www.fargo.k12.nd.us/registration. The registration process should take approximately 15-20 minutes per student. It is recommended to collect the following information prior to beginning the online registration process.
- Student Address and Contact Information
- Parent Address and Contact Information
- Emergency Contact Information
- Student Health Information, including physician and dentist name and contact information
Child must be age 5 by July 31, 2018 to attend school in the fall.
Registration can be completed at home online anytime or at computer kiosks in the office at each Fargo Public elementary school building on the following dates:
- March 5, 7, and 9 – 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- March 6, 8 and 12 – 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Once online registration has been completed, families MUST bring the following documents to the school their child will attend to finalize their child’s registration:
- Child’s certified birth certificate
- Child’s current immunization record
- Document (i.e. current city utility bill or bank statement) that includes parent/guardian name and address to verify the correct neighborhood school
Early registration supports the district in being well prepared for these incoming kindergarteners. As students register, class sizes are established and teachers are able to be hired. These early hires are able to have the time to attend professional development and prepare their classrooms, creating the best possible start for students.
If you do not know which school your child will attend, call 701.446.1043 or check online at www.fargo.k12.nd.us/boundarymaps.
Questions? Call the school office or Betsy Beaton at 701-446-1043.