My name is Lisa, and I won’t stand by. I pledge to stand up and BE A HERO against bullying and cyberbullying at my school and in my city.
As of April 25, 730 sixth, seventh, and eighth grade students at Discovery Middle School have pledged to be a “HERO” and stand up against bullying. That translates to 1,460 eyes watching out for bullies, 1,460 ears listening for bullying, and 730 mouths able to tell someone to stop bullying another!
Spearheaded by the school’s Anti-Bullying Group, Discovery’s students were encouraged to read and sign the HERO Pledge against bullying. HERO stands for Help Encourage and Respect Others. Signed pledge forms were then posted along the hallways throughout the school as a visual reminder of the students’ stand against bullying.
Discovery’s Anti-Bullying Group has held numerous activities throughout the school year to bring awareness to the issue of bullying and build respect amongst the students, all in an effort to create and sustain a more positive school culture. #FPSproud
Will you take the pledge to be a HERO?
I pledge to BE A HERO and take a stand against bullying and cyberbullying at my school and in Fargo.
I believe that everybody has the right to a safe, caring, respectful school.
I agree that it is everyone’s responsibility to stop bullying.
It is up to each of us to make sure that bullying does not happen.
By signing this pledge, I will engage in the following HEROIC ACTIONS:
- Value student differences and treat others with respect.
- Not become involved in bullying or cyber bullying incidents or be a bully or cyberbully.
- Be aware of the school’s policies and support system with regard to bullying/cyber bullying.
- Report honestly and immediately all incidents of bullying/cyber bullying to a faculty member.
- Be alert in places around the school where there is less adult supervision such as bathrooms, corridors, and stairwells.
- Support students who have been or are subjected to bullying/cyber bullying.
- Talk to teachers and parents about concerns and issues regarding bullying/cyber bullying.
- Work with other students and faculty to help the school deal with bullying/cyber bullying effectively.
- Encourage teachers to discuss bullying cyberbullying issues in the classroom.
- Provide a good role model for younger students and support them if bullying/cyber bullying occurs.
- Participate fully and contribute to assemblies dealing with bullying/cyber bullying.
- I acknowledge that if I am aware that someone is being bullied/cyberbullied and I don’t report or stop the bullying/cyber bullying, I am just as guilty.
My name is ________________ and I won’t stand by. I will stand up and BE A HERO!