Fargo Public Schools will hold an election for approval of a specified mill levy on Tuesday, March 7, 2017. Approval would grant Fargo Public Schools the authority to maintain its current standard of effort at 127.00 mills.
Fargo citizens who live in the Fargo School District are eligible to vote in this election. The March 7, 2017 election ballot question is:
The current Fargo Public School District’s general fund levy is 127.00 mills. The current statutory general fund limitation is seventy mills on the dollar of the taxable valuation of the school district.
Shall Fargo Public Schools District No. 1 have a specified general fund mill levy of 127.00 mills effective December 31, 2017
The vote on March 7 will be by precinct. Citizens who live in the Fargo School District will cast their vote at their usual polling location, with two exceptions due to polling sites being unavailable:
- Citizens who usually vote at Atonement Lutheran Church will vote at The Bowler.
- Citizens who usually vote at Calvary Methodist Church will vote at Living Waters Lutheran Church.
Election Day voting will be open from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. at the following polling sites:
- Baymont Inn, 3333 13th Avenue South
- Bethel Evangelical Free Church, 2702 30th Avenue South
- The Bowler, 2630 South University Drive (alternate site for Atonement Church voters)
- First Assembly of God Church, 3401 25th Street South
- Living Waters Lutheran Church, 4451 40th Avenue South (alternate site for Calvary Church voters)
- Olivet Lutheran Church, 1330 South University Drive
- Riverview Place, 5300 12th Street South
- El Zagel Shrine, 1429 3rd Street North
- Fargodome, 1800 North University Drive
- Grace (formerly Knollbrook) Covenant Church, 3030 North Broadway
- Fargo Public Library Main Branch, 102 3rd Street North
- Robert D Johnson Recreation Center, 1104 2nd Avenue South
Visit www.fargo.k12.nd.us/vote2017 for more information regarding this election and voting information.